Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Final editing is done!

I know that Steven King says that if it takes you longer than five years to get your book out that you're just lollygagging, but I definitely had a lot more to learn about writing than Steven King did. And though I had tried to publish this same title with a minimal about of out-of-pocket expenses, I realized that if I wanted other people to invest even a couple of dollars in this that I needed to invest everything I could into it. I still feel overwhelmed by the whole process and worry that even when I invest everything I can into it that it still might not be good enough. I guess that's just the human process. I love the book that has come out of this process. I still have a ton more to learn about writing and publishing, but I'm hoping that the rate at which I am learning is increasing.

I hope to get the next book in the series done in much less than one third of the time it took me to write this one and with even better quality. I love writing enough that I still think I would love doing it full time. To do that I think that I would have to be selling at least 50,000 books a year. That takes some top notch writing to get to that level. I hear that in order to sell 10,000 books of a given title, it takes being in the top three percent of all authors.

I feel somewhat like Naruto, with my dreams and aspirations being so much bigger than me that they might be laughable. But I love his unconquerable spirit. Fortunately in my case I don't have anyone fighting against me. Any criticism that I receive has the potential to make me better, closer to reaching my dreams. As I stand on the brink of receiving a lot of criticism (I hope I get a fare number of reviews back), it is a bit daunting. I think I can handle it all though, but whether it is brave of me or just naive I'll have to find out.

As a promotion, this weekend from Thursday, Nov 13, through Saturday, Nov 15, the Kindle version of this book will be free. Please download a copy and tell anyone else that might be interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Discipulus-Secretus-Discovery-Hidden-Order-ebook/dp/B00BOO4Z66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415736406&sr=8-1&keywords=discipulus+secretus

1 comment: